Two-storied stone-built building, characterized by the symmetry of its facets, the formation balance of its mass, the clarity of its architectural forms and the distinctness of its particular neoclassic morphological elements.
Another characteristic element is the peristyle arcade that is formed on the ground-floor and shapes a balcony on the upper floor.
The building stands in the middle of a garden with pebble-paved corridors, three water reservoirs, a hen-coop, a dovecote and a furnace.
The construction study was conducted by the architect P. Zizilas who was given precise directions: “to build a mansion similar to an ancient Egyptian palace or temple.”
The construction works begun in 1903 and less than a year later the island Spetses acquired its most dazzling building. It housed the residence of Sotirios Anargyros until his death (Dec. 18, 1918).
In 1929, the Nauphlion Court of Justice adjudicated the mansion΄s property to the Anargyrios & Korgialenios School of Spetses.
By a ministerial decree of 1986, the building was identified as a work of art and a preserved monument because of its significant architectural and morphological interest, being a remarkable and representative sample of the early 20th century architecture in Spetses that served as the residence of the national and local benefactor, Sotirios Anargyros.
In 1990, the Ministry of Environment, City Planning and Public Works has assumed the task to inscribe a restoration study for the monument and in 1991 the Ministry of Culture approved the first stage of the restoration works in the building΄s upper chamber, which was completed in 1995.
The mansion is currently under reconstruction to be used by the Anargyrios & Korgialenios School